The health benefits of weight loss are profound. Research shows the following health benefits for weight loss:
- Weight loss may improve survival rates in those who have an obesity-related disease, especially Type 2 diabetes.
- A modest weight loss of 4.4 pounds to 9.7 pounds resulted in a significant lowering of blood pressure.
- People with asthma who lost an average of 31.3 pounds over one year showed improved lung function and overall health, and with weight loss, the number of severe asthma episodes (exacerbations) and oral corticosteroid courses were reduced.
- People with Type 2 diabetes who lost weight had lower blood sugar levels and were able to use less medicine to lower their blood sugar levels.
- Sustained weight loss prevented new cases of Type 2 diabetes in people who were obese.
- People with obstructive sleep apnea who lost as little as 10% of their weight improved their sleep patterns and had less daytime sleepiness.
The other benefits are:
- Looking great
- Feeling better
Having more confidence and much more…